Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #56

Good Morning!  This week our Cricut Cardz Challenge is to create a New Year's Themed card with a clock image.  I decided on this pretty clock from Wrap it Up.  I used the Latte Stack from DCWV.  I bought this paper a long time ago, right after I started paper crafting and have not used it much.  The colors are soft and not really my usual style.
I used Lacy Labels for the shaped mat behind the clock and my ruffled ribbon is some rayon seam binding that I just ordered off ETSY.  I love it.  I created the ruffle by laying down a line of double sided tape and then just laying down the ribbon in ruffles.  My sentiment is computer generated and then I lined up the printed card stock up using the grid lines on my Gypsy and cut a label from Lacy Labels around the text.  I'm really excited about this....this opens up a lot of possibilities....I want to try this with some other shapes.

Click here to head on over to Cricut Cardz Challenge to see all the awesome cards the Design Team has for you this week....you are sure to be inspired!

7 comments:

  1. That is a great idea you did with the sentiments! I am going to have to attempt this with my DS. Thanks for the idea!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Awesome idea how you did the sentiment! I'll have to give that one a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Beautiful!! I love all the elements in this card especially the ribbon! great job on this weeks challenge! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great DT card for this week's challenge Corri...I love doing that ribbon technique!!
    ~Terry~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. Love the colors. Love the use of the ribbon. Great job!!

    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colors and how you did the ribbon! Simply wonderful! Awesome job on this weeks challenge! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete