Monday, May 20, 2013

Freeedom Rocks - Lori Whitlock Creative Team

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend!
We went to my daughter's first dance recital!  They were so cute! 
I have a fun project for you today that would be great for a Memorial Day or July 4th table decoration.

freedom_rocks_corri_garza
I cut Lori's Octagon Flower Pot as sized in the file from some kraft card stock. 
For the rim of the pot, I used the red wood grain paper from Echo Park's "Perfect Summer" collection which Lori designed.    
I cut 3 of the Spiral Stars (size reduced to 2.795"h) and 2 Spiral Flower 1 from some navy card stock and some pattern paper from the "Perfect Summer" collection.  I cut an extra base layer for each flower, then hot glued a wooden skewer to one of the base layers and mounted the assemble flower to that with foam dots. 

To add some stability, put something with a little weight in the bottom of the flower pot.  I used a few tokens from Chuck E. Cheese!   I used some more hot glue to glue a 4" foam ball in the pot and then arranged my flowers and covered with some paper shreds. 

You could change up this cute project for all kinds of summer parties.  Add some graduation caps and 2013 on your sticks for a cute graduation party center piece.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment